Lineworker Training & Certification
MREA offers two lineworker apprentice training programs. These programs instruct utility personnel in the safety related work practices and technical skills necessary to install, operate, maintain, and remove electric power distribution systems.
Both programs are designed to meet the Federal and State Department of Labor requirements for apprentice training.
MREA provides support through maintaining records, reporting on progress, administering quizzes, and other record keeping activities. For more information or to enroll apprentices, contact MREA.
Option 1: Career Development for Lineworkers – online modules
1. Print the MREA Online CDL Enrollment form and send to MREA with enrollment fee.
2. MREA will then issue you a user name and password.
3. Next, download the MREA CDL Online Training Guide for Student 2015.
4. Begin your training program: Login to the MREA Online CDL Apprenticeship Training.
Option 2: Merchant Job Training and Safety (MJTS) – workbook modules
1. Print and fill-out the Merchant Application.
2. Send two checks as stated below to MREA.
3. MREA will then send you the workbook and videotapes to begin your training.
4. Select this link to download a Merchant Renewal Application.
MJTS Apprenticeship Fees:
$879 total: Please write one check to MJTS ($550) and another check to MREA ($329).
MREA Journey Lineworker Certification
The Journey Lineworker certificate is valid for a lifetime from MREA and is issued upon completion of an approved MREA apprentice training program. The cardholder must seek approval from the MREA member cooperative. If the card is lost or damaged, contact MREA or download, complete and return this form to MREA: Journey Lineworker Renewal Form.
An administrative fee of $25 is required.