Rockford, Minn. (May 11, 2020) — Wright-Hennepin Cooperative Electric Association (WH)
members who participate in Operation Round Up (ORU) recently donated grants totaling $28,500 in
April. ORU has awarded more than $4.2 million since it began in 1994.
ORU participants allow their electric bills to be rounded up to the nearest dollar. The rounded
amount is then used for donations to fund local programs. More than 87 percent of WH’s members
participate in the ORU program and contribute a total of approximately $19,000 each month. ORU’s
board manages the generated money, which is held in a trust fund. Through a selection process and
review of guidelines, the ORU trust board evaluates funding requests on a bimonthly basis.
The ORU trust board awarded the following donations on behalf of WH members at their April
• $1,000, Village Ranch Alternative Program and Sholund School, funds to support library
needs for the girls program.
• $5,000, Children’s Home Society of MN, funds to support the adoption programming.
• $7,500, Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation, funds to provide financial assistance to
breast cancer patients.
• $500, Peace by Piece Quilt Guild, funds to purchase batting material for quilts to be used in
community fundraisers and donated to charitable organizations.
• $7,000, Society of Vincent de Paul, funds to help families in need.
• $5,000, Salvation Army HeatShare, funds to support energy assistance programs in WH’s
Those interested in ORU funds can find an application and learn more about the types of
activities ORU supports by visiting WH’s website at http://bit.ly/2Jvv6gv, sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Lisa and leaving a message at (763) 477-3000 extension 6126.
Contact: Stacie Nielsen
Phone: (763) 477- 3111, E-mail: email@example.com
Wright-Hennepin Cooperative Electric Association is a member-owned, not-for-profit electric
utility that provides power to rural Wright County and western Hennepin County. The cooperative has
been a corporate citizen to the area since 1937 and currently serves more than 50,000 electric accounts. It
is headquartered in Rockford, Minn.